Bay Area legend Too $hort has released his 17th album, Get Off The Stage; his last on Jive Records. On the new LP he teams up with fellow Bay Area legend E-40 for a reworked version of I Love The Bay’s last track, This My One. The song features Short Dawg & 40 Water describing the Hyphy lifestyle; a movement which has gained national attention since 40 flipped Tell Me When To Go. E-40’s son, Droop-E, joins in to stunt like his daddy and provides a simplistic percussion beat that will have you ghost riding the whip from Vallejo to San Jose. Get Off The Stage is available now.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.