Could you have pictured that six years ago Tony Yayo, 50 Cent‘s right hand man, would be attempting to find his footing in hip-hop’s digital age side-by-side with Shawty Lo? Well, thanks to Fiddy’s CEO-like decisions, Yayo gets a second chance for solo success (and a sophomore album at that) with the new single Haters. Flipping the sample from Dey Know, Lo proclaims his newfound G-Unit affiliation proudly on this southern-esque banger, produced by the always-busy Scoop Deville. Elsewhere on the mic, newly-signed Kidd Kidd sounds like a certain Young Money member with another repetitious name, as Fiddy fulfills chorus duties quite nicely and Roscoe Dash takes a rare break from his club anthems . Oh, and Yayo’s verse? Typical NY tough talk. Haters will have plenty more to hate on when Yayo’s upcoming, untitled album drops…eventually.
Written by Brando on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paper Chaser ft. Lloyd Banks & Tony Yayo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)