As the project’s title suggests, forthcoming mixtape Some of My Best Rappers Are Friends finds Tony Williams doing his thing alongside all the most talented homies in his Rolodex. (Or they would be in his Rolodex, if he were a time traveler from the 1970s.) Fresh off calling out a beautiful woman who played him, Chip Tha Ripper and Fonzworth Bentley on last week’s Marsha Braidy, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to get Blazin High with three more of his illustrious colleagues on the follow-up single. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ scorching synth boardwork, Maybach heavyweight Wale, NYC-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas and Seattle buzzmaker Macklemore rhapsodize about the simple pleasures of getting f*cked up with fly honeys. Williams takes center stage for the blistering, four-on-the-floor hook, inviting the object of his affection to forget her cares and accompany him on a blunted journey into the unknown: “Now that we’re free, let’s begone…” Digging it? More catchy melodies and fresh guest features await on the headliner’s YouHeardThatNew/Cloudkicker Clothing-presented tape, dropping next Friday (the 13th). Also, watch for Williams’ next studio album, King or the Fool, to arrive on store shelves Feb. 14 (a.k.a. Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 01/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.