As the project’s title suggests, forthcoming mixtape Some of My Best Rappers Are Friends finds Tony Williams doing his thing alongside all the most talented homies in his Rolodex. (Or they would be in his Rolodex, if he were a time traveler from the 1970s.) Fresh off calling out a beautiful woman who played him, Chip Tha Ripper and Fonzworth Bentley on last week’s Marsha Braidy, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to get Blazin High with three more of his illustrious colleagues on the follow-up single. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ scorching synth boardwork, Maybach heavyweight Wale, NYC-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas and Seattle buzzmaker Macklemore rhapsodize about the simple pleasures of getting f*cked up with fly honeys. Williams takes center stage for the blistering, four-on-the-floor hook, inviting the object of his affection to forget her cares and accompany him on a blunted journey into the unknown: “Now that we’re free, let’s begone…” Digging it? More catchy melodies and fresh guest features await on the headliner’s YouHeardThatNew/Cloudkicker Clothing-presented tape, dropping next Friday (the 13th). Also, watch for Williams’ next studio album, King or the Fool, to arrive on store shelves Feb. 14 (a.k.a. Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.