As the project’s title suggests, forthcoming mixtape Some of My Best Rappers Are Friends finds Tony Williams doing his thing alongside all the most talented homies in his Rolodex. (Or they would be in his Rolodex, if he were a time traveler from the 1970s.) Fresh off calling out a beautiful woman who played him, Chip Tha Ripper and Fonzworth Bentley on last week’s Marsha Braidy, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to get Blazin High with three more of his illustrious colleagues on the follow-up single. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ scorching synth boardwork, Maybach heavyweight Wale, NYC-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas and Seattle buzzmaker Macklemore rhapsodize about the simple pleasures of getting f*cked up with fly honeys. Williams takes center stage for the blistering, four-on-the-floor hook, inviting the object of his affection to forget her cares and accompany him on a blunted journey into the unknown: “Now that we’re free, let’s begone…” Digging it? More catchy melodies and fresh guest features await on the headliner’s YouHeardThatNew/Cloudkicker Clothing-presented tape, dropping next Friday (the 13th). Also, watch for Williams’ next studio album, King or the Fool, to arrive on store shelves Feb. 14 (a.k.a. Valentine’s Day).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.