As the project’s title suggests, forthcoming mixtape Some of My Best Rappers Are Friends finds Tony Williams doing his thing alongside all the most talented homies in his Rolodex. (Or they would be in his Rolodex, if he were a time traveler from the 1970s.) Fresh off calling out a beautiful woman who played him, Chip Tha Ripper and Fonzworth Bentley on last week’s Marsha Braidy, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to get Blazin High with three more of his illustrious colleagues on the follow-up single. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ scorching synth boardwork, Maybach heavyweight Wale, NYC-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas and Seattle buzzmaker Macklemore rhapsodize about the simple pleasures of getting f*cked up with fly honeys. Williams takes center stage for the blistering, four-on-the-floor hook, inviting the object of his affection to forget her cares and accompany him on a blunted journey into the unknown: “Now that we’re free, let’s begone…” Digging it? More catchy melodies and fresh guest features await on the headliner’s YouHeardThatNew/Cloudkicker Clothing-presented tape, dropping next Friday (the 13th). Also, watch for Williams’ next studio album, King or the Fool, to arrive on store shelves Feb. 14 (a.k.a. Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)