As the project’s title suggests, forthcoming mixtape Some of My Best Rappers Are Friends finds Tony Williams doing his thing alongside all the most talented homies in his Rolodex. (Or they would be in his Rolodex, if he were a time traveler from the 1970s.) Fresh off calling out a beautiful woman who played him, Chip Tha Ripper and Fonzworth Bentley on last week’s Marsha Braidy, the G.O.O.D. Music crooner returns to get Blazin High with three more of his illustrious colleagues on the follow-up single. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ scorching synth boardwork, Maybach heavyweight Wale, NYC-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas and Seattle buzzmaker Macklemore rhapsodize about the simple pleasures of getting f*cked up with fly honeys. Williams takes center stage for the blistering, four-on-the-floor hook, inviting the object of his affection to forget her cares and accompany him on a blunted journey into the unknown: “Now that we’re free, let’s begone…” Digging it? More catchy melodies and fresh guest features await on the headliner’s YouHeardThatNew/Cloudkicker Clothing-presented tape, dropping next Friday (the 13th). Also, watch for Williams’ next studio album, King or the Fool, to arrive on store shelves Feb. 14 (a.k.a. Valentine’s Day).
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.