NYC pride has been a running theme in today’s slate of features; Big Apple spitters junclassic and Azon Blaze both stepped into the Booth with joints dedicated to their hometown, and UK rhymesayer K.I.N.E.T.I.K. paid tribute to Gotham’s iconic sound on Boom Bap Babies. In a similar vein, we find mixtape legend DJ Tony Touch linking up with a couple talented neighbors to celebrate the city’s easternmost borough on It’s a Queens Thing, single number two off his next compilation album. First to flow over Statik Selektah‘s smooth sample work, Flushing fast-riser Action Bronson laces the front with his usual tightly-wound street lyricism before handing the mic to Corona-repping veteran Kool G. Rap, who lends his seasoned flow to the record’s closing 16. For this Queens anthem and many more fresh cuts, check out Tony Touch’s The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 Mcs when it drops digitally on Tuesday, July 23.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
Red River\Sony Red
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.