Hundreds of female R&B/Pop singers are signed every year, but few have the god-given talent to remain relevant for any substantial length of time. Two weeks ago, after a seven-year hiatus, Whitney Houston returned with her sixth solo album; the project landed at #1 on the Billboard Top 200, but the buzz surrounding her release remains lukewarm despite mostly positive reviews. Hoping for a slightly different outcome next February, six-time Grammy Award winner Toni Braxton has returned to the industry after four years away. Last heard from in Sept. 2005, when she released her fifth and final album as a Blackground recording artist, Braxton unleashed her comeback single, Yesterday, this past Friday. Over inspirational boardwork from Good Morning producer DJ Frank E, the Maryland native informs a man she no longer loves that she’s leaving without looking back. Though the track’s lyrical theme is everywhere at the moment (just ask Amerie or LeToya), Braxton’s inner diva shines through, paving the way for her return this winter. The project is currently untitled.
Written by DJ Z on 09/13/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.