When I wake up In Da Morning, the first item on my agenda is breakfast, and the second is coffee – chasing paper doesn’t cross my mind until about noon, and that’s on a good day. Tone Trump, however, is all about money from the moment he rolls out of bed. On the first official single off his forthcoming debut, the Philly up-and-comer showcases his dedication to the daily grind (as well as the nightly shine). Producer Steve Morales, gives the cut a determined vibe with midtempo percussion and subdued brass fanfare. As far as subject matter is concerned, In Da Morning doesn’t stray far from the “rap mission statement,” formula – in addition to addressing his grind, his money, and his high-rolling nightlife, Trump tells off the haters, shouts out his crew, and touts his sexual prowess – but the rapper rounds the lyrical bases with a panache all his own. New Blood has yet to secure a spot on Top Notch‘s release calender, but In Da Morning may be just the thing to get the ball rolling.
Written by richard on 02/9/09
Submit your Rating
Top Notch Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands In The Sky ft. Akon & Birdman" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.