As my mother once informed me when I decided to see how a quarter tasted (Give me a break, I was only, like, three), currency is some of the filthiest stuff imaginable. Like most rappers, though, Tone Tone doesn’t let that fact stop him from chasing after paper—as a matter of fact, Dirty Money is his favorite kind. On this new single, the Motown repper does double duty on the mic and behind the boards, hooking up with co-producer Killemall to craft a bombastic backdrop for his rhymes, as well as those of guest emcee Twista. Day26 alum Robert Curry contributes a smooth hook. Tone Tone’s forthcoming album has yet to receive either a title or a release date, but fans can keep it locked for the latest details.
Written by richard on 06/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jockin' ft. Gorilla Zoe" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.