If you’re one of the loyal few who stuck with Tone in lean as well as prosperous times, It’s All Love. Otherwise, you’re kindly invited to go f**k yourself. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the Masschusetts rhymesayer and Problemaddicts co-founder’s forthcoming full-length is simultaneously a heartwarming ode to this real homies and a venomous kiss-off to the fakes. With Mr. Green‘s wistful, Chipmunk-sampled grooves rolling in the back, Tone shakes his head at those who’ve turned snake only to come slithering back, and schools hangers-on in the true meaning of family: “Don’t call me your bro, I’m not your cousin / We aren’t family just because we used to smoke dutches.” On the positive tip, he expresses gratitude to the role models who helped him find his way in the game, spitting, “I probably woulda been lost without the proven, few true I grew with who put me onto the movement / They taught me not to talk shit, but to do it, cause words are only worth what we follow through with.” DJ Theory sets the cherry on top of this wistful yet biting banger, contributing old-school cuts to the record’s outro. AdmitOne as yet lacks a solid drop date, but those feeling It’s All Love can stay tuned for release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/20/12
Submit your Rating
Mystika Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.