If you’re one of the loyal few who stuck with Tone in lean as well as prosperous times, It’s All Love. Otherwise, you’re kindly invited to go f**k yourself. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the Masschusetts rhymesayer and Problemaddicts co-founder’s forthcoming full-length is simultaneously a heartwarming ode to this real homies and a venomous kiss-off to the fakes. With Mr. Green‘s wistful, Chipmunk-sampled grooves rolling in the back, Tone shakes his head at those who’ve turned snake only to come slithering back, and schools hangers-on in the true meaning of family: “Don’t call me your bro, I’m not your cousin / We aren’t family just because we used to smoke dutches.” On the positive tip, he expresses gratitude to the role models who helped him find his way in the game, spitting, “I probably woulda been lost without the proven, few true I grew with who put me onto the movement / They taught me not to talk shit, but to do it, cause words are only worth what we follow through with.” DJ Theory sets the cherry on top of this wistful yet biting banger, contributing old-school cuts to the record’s outro. AdmitOne as yet lacks a solid drop date, but those feeling It’s All Love can stay tuned for release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/20/12
Mystika Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.