Most emcees, when they talk about their Dreams, are referring to their conscious goals and aspiration; Tone‘s latest single, however, finds the Massachusetts native (and Moke & Tone co-founder) using the beat as a literal dream diary, connecting the surreal imagery concocted by his unconscious with his personal and professional concerns over a left-of-center beat by Team Genius (with cuts by DJ Theory). Complete with hook vocals by Trinidadian legend Kurt Allen, this joint is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Tone’s yet-untitled solo debut. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
Mystika Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's All Love" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.