Most emcees, when they talk about their Dreams, are referring to their conscious goals and aspiration; Tone‘s latest single, however, finds the Massachusetts native (and Moke & Tone co-founder) using the beat as a literal dream diary, connecting the surreal imagery concocted by his unconscious with his personal and professional concerns over a left-of-center beat by Team Genius (with cuts by DJ Theory). Complete with hook vocals by Trinidadian legend Kurt Allen, this joint is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Tone’s yet-untitled solo debut. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
Mystika Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's All Love" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.