If you were around high school age in the late ‘90s, prepare for a serious nostalgia trip. On this freshly-minted promo single, his first feature since March 2013’s Nympho, Tona revisits the music and fashion of his youth for Ol Time Sake. Over Slot-A‘s head-noddable production, the Canadian rhymesayer celebrates everything that made the era great, from Ja Rule and shell-toe Adidas “with the fat-ass [laces]” to that “shawty named Monique” whose tight outfits made him glad he had a desk covering his nether regions. Rich Already auteur Kayo jumps on the track to deliver an equally nostalgia-drenched middle 16. Though this loosie won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Tona’s mid-September-bound full-length, CARPE DIEM.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Know It ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.