If you were around high school age in the late ‘90s, prepare for a serious nostalgia trip. On this freshly-minted promo single, his first feature since March 2013’s Nympho, Tona revisits the music and fashion of his youth for Ol Time Sake. Over Slot-A‘s head-noddable production, the Canadian rhymesayer celebrates everything that made the era great, from Ja Rule and shell-toe Adidas “with the fat-ass [laces]” to that “shawty named Monique” whose tight outfits made him glad he had a desk covering his nether regions. Rich Already auteur Kayo jumps on the track to deliver an equally nostalgia-drenched middle 16. Though this loosie won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Tona’s mid-September-bound full-length, CARPE DIEM.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Know It ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.