If you were around high school age in the late ‘90s, prepare for a serious nostalgia trip. On this freshly-minted promo single, his first feature since March 2013’s Nympho, Tona revisits the music and fashion of his youth for Ol Time Sake. Over Slot-A‘s head-noddable production, the Canadian rhymesayer celebrates everything that made the era great, from Ja Rule and shell-toe Adidas “with the fat-ass [laces]” to that “shawty named Monique” whose tight outfits made him glad he had a desk covering his nether regions. Rich Already auteur Kayo jumps on the track to deliver an equally nostalgia-drenched middle 16. Though this loosie won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Tona’s mid-September-bound full-length, CARPE DIEM.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Know It ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)