If you were around high school age in the late ‘90s, prepare for a serious nostalgia trip. On this freshly-minted promo single, his first feature since March 2013’s Nympho, Tona revisits the music and fashion of his youth for Ol Time Sake. Over Slot-A‘s head-noddable production, the Canadian rhymesayer celebrates everything that made the era great, from Ja Rule and shell-toe Adidas “with the fat-ass [laces]” to that “shawty named Monique” whose tight outfits made him glad he had a desk covering his nether regions. Rich Already auteur Kayo jumps on the track to deliver an equally nostalgia-drenched middle 16. Though this loosie won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on Tona’s mid-September-bound full-length, CARPE DIEM.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Know It ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.