Though the ball dropped this past weekend, it’s not too late to celebrate the advent of 2012 with a quality underground jam like Tona‘s latest effort. Here, the Scarborough, Ontario rhymesayer teams up with Torae and Eternia to wish listeners a Happy New Year over the head-noddable percussion and sampled cheers of beatsmith Lyve. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but the headliner states that the record is representative of his state of mind going into 2012. If that’s so, hip-hop heads have a lot to look forward to over the next 12 months.
Written by richard on 01/4/12
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Know It ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.