With such diverse artists as K’naan, Kardinal Offishall, and Drake (to name a few) calling Canada’s largest city home, Toronto has truly come into its own as a hip-hop hotspot. Hailing from the Scarborough district, Tona is looking to be the next T-dot native to achieve border-crossing popularity, and his Booth debut, the newly-released U Know It, is sure to make fans of many listeners here and elsewhere. After Tona’s states his intention to “put lyricism back in retail,” Brooklyn’s Skyzoo steps in to state that, though he won’t go so far as to call other rappers wack, he and his collaborator are clearly a cut above the rest. The agile, ambitious lyricism on display here, along with Lyve‘s triumphant, brass-heavy production, should stir up plenty of anticipation for the April release of Direct Deposit, Tona’s full-length collaboration with the Toronto beatsmith.
Written by richard on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.