With such diverse artists as K’naan, Kardinal Offishall, and Drake (to name a few) calling Canada’s largest city home, Toronto has truly come into its own as a hip-hop hotspot. Hailing from the Scarborough district, Tona is looking to be the next T-dot native to achieve border-crossing popularity, and his Booth debut, the newly-released U Know It, is sure to make fans of many listeners here and elsewhere. After Tona’s states his intention to “put lyricism back in retail,” Brooklyn’s Skyzoo steps in to state that, though he won’t go so far as to call other rappers wack, he and his collaborator are clearly a cut above the rest. The agile, ambitious lyricism on display here, along with Lyve‘s triumphant, brass-heavy production, should stir up plenty of anticipation for the April release of Direct Deposit, Tona’s full-length collaboration with the Toronto beatsmith.
Written by richard on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
1st Floor Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.