It goes without saying that each and every person reading this track review is beautiful in his or her own way (as for those who don’t frequent DJBooth.net… eh.), but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t all use a Reminder every now and again. If it’s been awhile since someone told you how great you are, you’re in luck; tonight, emcee Yep and singer T.i.E, together known as Tomorrow, Yesterday, make their Booth debut with a single (that you can pretend is) dedicated to you. Over a slow-rolling, keyboard-driven beat by A3, the Inland Empire natives pay tribute to the women who are not only the loves of their respective lives, but also their creative muses. And, unlike so many artists, they’re not about to let the music game pull them away from their significant others: “You’re the reason I be writing up at 4:00 AM / but I won’t pen another freakin’ line / if you think it’s takin’ up your time.” It all adds up to a track highly likely to make female listeners swoon – and the fellas, well, they should probably be taking notes. Fans can find more where this came from on Tomorrow, Yesterday’s To… From… mixtape, set to drop on August 23.
Written by richard on 08/5/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.