A Nomad, Sweden-based beatsmith who’s collaborated extensively with the Top Dawg Entertainment family, Tommy Black jumps into the driver’s seat on his solo Booth debut, Supernatural. Despite occupying the headlining spot, Black sticks to what he does best, serving up a slow-rolling, organ-laced backdrop for the braggadocios mic work of TDE rapper (and Booth regular) Ab-Soul. Like what your hearing? Then be sure to grab a copy of Tommy Black’s forthcoming solo release, The Medkit, when it drops in late summer.
Written by richard on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Had What You Had" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.