A Nomad, Sweden-based beatsmith who’s collaborated extensively with the Top Dawg Entertainment family, Tommy Black jumps into the driver’s seat on his solo Booth debut, Supernatural. Despite occupying the headlining spot, Black sticks to what he does best, serving up a slow-rolling, organ-laced backdrop for the braggadocios mic work of TDE rapper (and Booth regular) Ab-Soul. Like what your hearing? Then be sure to grab a copy of Tommy Black’s forthcoming solo release, The Medkit, when it drops in late summer.
Written by richard on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Had What You Had" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.