The aspect that I love most about my job is finding dope music to share with family, friends, and anybody who is willing to listen. If your love of putting people on rivals mine, be sure to Tell Everyone about Tomi Jones; you will seem like an bonafide A&R genius! After a long hiatus from the Booth (Yada Yada was featured way back in December of ‘11), Jones has returned well-rested and ready to make a splash. Atop a diverse production from Storm9000, which blends some electronic influences with an R&B foundation, Tomi impresses with a smooth yet lively vocal performance that fits the beat like a warm glove. The fluttering effect in her voice jives very well with the electronic influence; just listen to that chorus. There is no news on anything additional from Jones, but we’re confident it won’t be another two years before her next DJBooth appearance.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.