The aspect that I love most about my job is finding dope music to share with family, friends, and anybody who is willing to listen. If your love of putting people on rivals mine, be sure to Tell Everyone about Tomi Jones; you will seem like an bonafide A&R genius! After a long hiatus from the Booth (Yada Yada was featured way back in December of ‘11), Jones has returned well-rested and ready to make a splash. Atop a diverse production from Storm9000, which blends some electronic influences with an R&B foundation, Tomi impresses with a smooth yet lively vocal performance that fits the beat like a warm glove. The fluttering effect in her voice jives very well with the electronic influence; just listen to that chorus. There is no news on anything additional from Jones, but we’re confident it won’t be another two years before her next DJBooth appearance.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/12/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.