The aspect that I love most about my job is finding dope music to share with family, friends, and anybody who is willing to listen. If your love of putting people on rivals mine, be sure to Tell Everyone about Tomi Jones; you will seem like an bonafide A&R genius! After a long hiatus from the Booth (Yada Yada was featured way back in December of ‘11), Jones has returned well-rested and ready to make a splash. Atop a diverse production from Storm9000, which blends some electronic influences with an R&B foundation, Tomi impresses with a smooth yet lively vocal performance that fits the beat like a warm glove. The fluttering effect in her voice jives very well with the electronic influence; just listen to that chorus. There is no news on anything additional from Jones, but we’re confident it won’t be another two years before her next DJBooth appearance.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.