As we all know, Time Flies when you’re having fun – and what could be more fun than listening to some fresh music from what may well be the most innovative state in our hip-hop nation? Straight outta Decatur, Georgia, Booth newcomer Tom P. has hooked up with a few equally creative Peach State neighbors to share his carpe diem life philosophy with the world on this newly-released single. Here, Justin Padron serves up a unique, treble-heavy blend of buzzing synths and Chipmunk hook vocals as the headliner, along with freestyle series alum Playboy Tre and recent Booth regular Aleon Craft drop Southern-fried meditations on the artistic grind, the ever-present problem of haters, and the need to strike while the iron’s hot. At more than five minutes, this track is by no means a short one, but heads with a taste for left-of-center bangers may nonetheless find that it’s over all too quickly. If that’s the case, keep your browsers locked on the Booth; Tom’s Revenge of the Underdog mixtape has yet to receive a solid release date, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted!
Written by richard on 06/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Root For The Underdog" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.