Once a regular visitor, Tom P hasn’t been glimpsed in the Booth since October 2010, when he dropped entry #206 in our exclusive freestyle series (Though he did find time to rock the DJBooth.net Stage at July’s Atlanta Indie Fest). So, what could possibly be engrossing enough to keep the ATLien buzzmaker away from our pages for nearly a year? Actually, he has downright fantastic excuse: he’s been kicking it with Nappy Roots and Aleon Craft, buying shots for all the Drunk Girls at the local spot. On the inaugural leak off his forthcoming street album, the emcee fills us in on just how skilled A-Town females are at tying one on, sharing the juicy details over Justin Padron‘s airy synth-strings, head-nodding percussion and electric-guitar accents. Nappy Roots echo the headliner’s praise of slizzard females on the middle (With a few notable reservations: “The way she drink be dangerous and deadly, casket not too far.”), and Aleon brings the record to a strong finish, describing his own girl’s highfalutin drinking habits on the back. Thirsty for another round? Details on Tom’s next mixtape have yet to be determined, but you can keep it locked you-know-where for the latest details!
Written by richard on 08/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.