Thee Tom Hardy‘s approach on the mic may be unconventional, but he shares at least one trait with your average emcee: the aspiration to make big bucks. As the N.C. native puts it on his latest mixtape leak, “I’m One for the Money”. Of course, the freestyle series alum expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar in a more entertaining fashion than most – over Eric G‘s left-of-center, synth-sample-percussion instrumental, Hardy fully indulges his penchant for absurdist punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme: “Even dead people know Thomas is great, ‘cause me to dope flows is like rhombus to shapes.” (Wait… does that mean he is a dope flow? Paging “Rap Lines That Make No F**king Sense!”) Holding up the rear is ATL Brave Donnis, who takes his closing verse as an opportunity to express his frustration regarding the difficulty of getting by in America. Originally set to drop Oct. 9, Hardy’s Booth-sponsored Secret of the Green Magic mixtape has been pushed back to the 15th, but fans will be able to catch the rapper at DJBooth’s own AC3 showcase, going down this Friday at ATL’s Masquerade Music Center.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.