Thee Tom Hardy‘s approach on the mic may be unconventional, but he shares at least one trait with your average emcee: the aspiration to make big bucks. As the N.C. native puts it on his latest mixtape leak, “I’m One for the Money”. Of course, the freestyle series alum expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar in a more entertaining fashion than most – over Eric G‘s left-of-center, synth-sample-percussion instrumental, Hardy fully indulges his penchant for absurdist punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme: “Even dead people know Thomas is great, ‘cause me to dope flows is like rhombus to shapes.” (Wait… does that mean he is a dope flow? Paging “Rap Lines That Make No F**king Sense!”) Holding up the rear is ATL Brave Donnis, who takes his closing verse as an opportunity to express his frustration regarding the difficulty of getting by in America. Originally set to drop Oct. 9, Hardy’s Booth-sponsored Secret of the Green Magic mixtape has been pushed back to the 15th, but fans will be able to catch the rapper at DJBooth’s own AC3 showcase, going down this Friday at ATL’s Masquerade Music Center.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.