Thee Tom Hardy‘s approach on the mic may be unconventional, but he shares at least one trait with your average emcee: the aspiration to make big bucks. As the N.C. native puts it on his latest mixtape leak, “I’m One for the Money”. Of course, the freestyle series alum expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar in a more entertaining fashion than most – over Eric G‘s left-of-center, synth-sample-percussion instrumental, Hardy fully indulges his penchant for absurdist punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme: “Even dead people know Thomas is great, ‘cause me to dope flows is like rhombus to shapes.” (Wait… does that mean he is a dope flow? Paging “Rap Lines That Make No F**king Sense!”) Holding up the rear is ATL Brave Donnis, who takes his closing verse as an opportunity to express his frustration regarding the difficulty of getting by in America. Originally set to drop Oct. 9, Hardy’s Booth-sponsored Secret of the Green Magic mixtape has been pushed back to the 15th, but fans will be able to catch the rapper at DJBooth’s own AC3 showcase, going down this Friday at ATL’s Masquerade Music Center.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.