Just who is 9th Wonder‘s mysterious protégé? After a thorough investigation of Booth newcomer Tom Hardy‘s MySpace and Twitter pages, I’ve deduced the following: he resides in Durham, North Carolina, he has firmly-held convictions on the subject of barbecue, and yesterday, the 31st of August, he set out to get a haircut only to find the barbershop was closed. Pretty average guy, right? Not so fast! As evidenced by mixtape leak We Rap Gr8, beneath Hardy’s mild-mannered exterior lies a skilled emcee with a decidedly left-of-center style. If the opening “Wow! Wow! Wow!” doesn’t get you laughing, the off-the-wall wordplay that follows will; Harlem’s Cash‘s brag-heavy first verse and Mikkey Halsted‘s provocative middle bars don’t disappoint, but it’s the headliner’s unpredictable brand of punchline lyricism that (arguably) shines brightest over 9th Wonder’s quirky woodwind beat. Those intrigued by this track can hear more on Sept. 9th, when The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Curse of Thee Green Faceded hits the ‘net. In addition, stay tuned for details on a forthcoming. Booth-sponsored project (complete with videos) from Harlem’s Cash.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Makin It Last" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)