Just who is 9th Wonder‘s mysterious protégé? After a thorough investigation of Booth newcomer Tom Hardy‘s MySpace and Twitter pages, I’ve deduced the following: he resides in Durham, North Carolina, he has firmly-held convictions on the subject of barbecue, and yesterday, the 31st of August, he set out to get a haircut only to find the barbershop was closed. Pretty average guy, right? Not so fast! As evidenced by mixtape leak We Rap Gr8, beneath Hardy’s mild-mannered exterior lies a skilled emcee with a decidedly left-of-center style. If the opening “Wow! Wow! Wow!” doesn’t get you laughing, the off-the-wall wordplay that follows will; Harlem’s Cash‘s brag-heavy first verse and Mikkey Halsted‘s provocative middle bars don’t disappoint, but it’s the headliner’s unpredictable brand of punchline lyricism that (arguably) shines brightest over 9th Wonder’s quirky woodwind beat. Those intrigued by this track can hear more on Sept. 9th, when The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Curse of Thee Green Faceded hits the ‘net. In addition, stay tuned for details on a forthcoming. Booth-sponsored project (complete with videos) from Harlem’s Cash.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Makin It Last" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.