Just who is 9th Wonder‘s mysterious protégé? After a thorough investigation of Booth newcomer Tom Hardy‘s MySpace and Twitter pages, I’ve deduced the following: he resides in Durham, North Carolina, he has firmly-held convictions on the subject of barbecue, and yesterday, the 31st of August, he set out to get a haircut only to find the barbershop was closed. Pretty average guy, right? Not so fast! As evidenced by mixtape leak We Rap Gr8, beneath Hardy’s mild-mannered exterior lies a skilled emcee with a decidedly left-of-center style. If the opening “Wow! Wow! Wow!” doesn’t get you laughing, the off-the-wall wordplay that follows will; Harlem’s Cash‘s brag-heavy first verse and Mikkey Halsted‘s provocative middle bars don’t disappoint, but it’s the headliner’s unpredictable brand of punchline lyricism that (arguably) shines brightest over 9th Wonder’s quirky woodwind beat. Those intrigued by this track can hear more on Sept. 9th, when The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Curse of Thee Green Faceded hits the ‘net. In addition, stay tuned for details on a forthcoming. Booth-sponsored project (complete with videos) from Harlem’s Cash.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Makin It Last" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.