Just who is 9th Wonder‘s mysterious protégé? After a thorough investigation of Booth newcomer Tom Hardy‘s MySpace and Twitter pages, I’ve deduced the following: he resides in Durham, North Carolina, he has firmly-held convictions on the subject of barbecue, and yesterday, the 31st of August, he set out to get a haircut only to find the barbershop was closed. Pretty average guy, right? Not so fast! As evidenced by mixtape leak We Rap Gr8, beneath Hardy’s mild-mannered exterior lies a skilled emcee with a decidedly left-of-center style. If the opening “Wow! Wow! Wow!” doesn’t get you laughing, the off-the-wall wordplay that follows will; Harlem’s Cash‘s brag-heavy first verse and Mikkey Halsted‘s provocative middle bars don’t disappoint, but it’s the headliner’s unpredictable brand of punchline lyricism that (arguably) shines brightest over 9th Wonder’s quirky woodwind beat. Those intrigued by this track can hear more on Sept. 9th, when The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Curse of Thee Green Faceded hits the ‘net. In addition, stay tuned for details on a forthcoming. Booth-sponsored project (complete with videos) from Harlem’s Cash.
Written by richard on 09/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Makin It Last" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.