As I mentioned in my A3C write-up, Thee Tom Hardy’s live performance left me wanting some more good music from the man. As luck would have it, I didn’t have to wait long. Always in Command is the latest leak to emerge off his forthcoming mixtape, and the Freestyle Series alum doesn’t disappoint with creativities like: “unless she’s part giraffe, your girl is gonna be probably gagging/ two betty boops and me on the mattress, it’s a body sandwich.” When 9th Wonder is on the boards the production always fits the artist’s style, and this time the legendary N.C. producer samples 10CC’s Rubber Bullets on the hook (although I’m wondering whether the style is complimenting the original ‘70s protest theme, or to the intro of stoner cartoon Superjail!). However inspiration may have come, Hardy’s latest makes another great addition to his arsenal for future performances. If you enjoyed this verbal onslaught, be sure to check out Hardy’s new exclusive interview, The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Secret of Thee Green Magic when it drops October 27, via your boys at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.