As I mentioned in my A3C write-up, Thee Tom Hardy’s live performance left me wanting some more good music from the man. As luck would have it, I didn’t have to wait long. Always in Command is the latest leak to emerge off his forthcoming mixtape, and the Freestyle Series alum doesn’t disappoint with creativities like: “unless she’s part giraffe, your girl is gonna be probably gagging/ two betty boops and me on the mattress, it’s a body sandwich.” When 9th Wonder is on the boards the production always fits the artist’s style, and this time the legendary N.C. producer samples 10CC’s Rubber Bullets on the hook (although I’m wondering whether the style is complimenting the original ‘70s protest theme, or to the intro of stoner cartoon Superjail!). However inspiration may have come, Hardy’s latest makes another great addition to his arsenal for future performances. If you enjoyed this verbal onslaught, be sure to check out Hardy’s new exclusive interview, The Hardy Boy Mystery Mixtape: Secret of Thee Green Magic when it drops October 27, via your boys at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 10/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.