Riddle me this, Booth readers: what do you get when you let three of Minneapolis’ most legit underground spitters and a national heavyweight go crazy over some gritty, old-school boardwork? You get… well… a really dope record by the name of Trakhouse. Sorry if you were expecting something clever – it’s just that the lineup behind this newly-released promo single pretty much speaks for itself. Here, the funky throwback grooves of Vinny Vendetta set the stage for scorching bars by Twin Cities mainstays Emazin, I Self Devine and Toki Wright (the latter a freestyle series alumnus). Fresh off the release of his Booth-acclaimed Gutter Rainbows LP, Brooklyn vet Talib Kweli joins my esteemed neighbors on verse two, lacing the beat with his reflections on the ineffable power of hip-hop (along with a little well-supported braggadocio). With the amount of lyrical firepower on display, I’m gonna have to leave it to you, the readers, to settle on a standout verse. Whichever brand of freshness you prefer, though, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for the latest from each contributor.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.