Riddle me this, Booth readers: what do you get when you let three of Minneapolis’ most legit underground spitters and a national heavyweight go crazy over some gritty, old-school boardwork? You get… well… a really dope record by the name of Trakhouse. Sorry if you were expecting something clever – it’s just that the lineup behind this newly-released promo single pretty much speaks for itself. Here, the funky throwback grooves of Vinny Vendetta set the stage for scorching bars by Twin Cities mainstays Emazin, I Self Devine and Toki Wright (the latter a freestyle series alumnus). Fresh off the release of his Booth-acclaimed Gutter Rainbows LP, Brooklyn vet Talib Kweli joins my esteemed neighbors on verse two, lacing the beat with his reflections on the ineffable power of hip-hop (along with a little well-supported braggadocio). With the amount of lyrical firepower on display, I’m gonna have to leave it to you, the readers, to settle on a standout verse. Whichever brand of freshness you prefer, though, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for the latest from each contributor.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.