Riddle me this, Booth readers: what do you get when you let three of Minneapolis’ most legit underground spitters and a national heavyweight go crazy over some gritty, old-school boardwork? You get… well… a really dope record by the name of Trakhouse. Sorry if you were expecting something clever – it’s just that the lineup behind this newly-released promo single pretty much speaks for itself. Here, the funky throwback grooves of Vinny Vendetta set the stage for scorching bars by Twin Cities mainstays Emazin, I Self Devine and Toki Wright (the latter a freestyle series alumnus). Fresh off the release of his Booth-acclaimed Gutter Rainbows LP, Brooklyn vet Talib Kweli joins my esteemed neighbors on verse two, lacing the beat with his reflections on the ineffable power of hip-hop (along with a little well-supported braggadocio). With the amount of lyrical firepower on display, I’m gonna have to leave it to you, the readers, to settle on a standout verse. Whichever brand of freshness you prefer, though, you can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for the latest from each contributor.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.