As the Presidential candidates debate health care policy to score political points, American citizens continue to die from conditions that could be easily treated if only they had a little extra cash. To paraphrase Black Uhura’s Puff She Puff, the Simplest Things can be “so serious in these times.” After hearing of fellow Twin Cities stalwart P.O.S.’ recent hospitalization due to kidney failure (Click here to peep the artist’s own vlog about his situation), Toki Wright decided to rally the hip-hop community to help his longtime friend and colleague receive the care he needs. This freshly-released promo single finds the Rhymesayers signee flipping a sample of the aforementioned reggae classic to back bars emphasizing the importance of social support—whether de jure or de facto—for those who fall on hard times. Feeling inspired to help out? You can chip in towards P.O.S.’ kidney transplant via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)