As the Presidential candidates debate health care policy to score political points, American citizens continue to die from conditions that could be easily treated if only they had a little extra cash. To paraphrase Black Uhura’s Puff She Puff, the Simplest Things can be “so serious in these times.” After hearing of fellow Twin Cities stalwart P.O.S.’ recent hospitalization due to kidney failure (Click here to peep the artist’s own vlog about his situation), Toki Wright decided to rally the hip-hop community to help his longtime friend and colleague receive the care he needs. This freshly-released promo single finds the Rhymesayers signee flipping a sample of the aforementioned reggae classic to back bars emphasizing the importance of social support—whether de jure or de facto—for those who fall on hard times. Feeling inspired to help out? You can chip in towards P.O.S.’ kidney transplant via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.