As the Presidential candidates debate health care policy to score political points, American citizens continue to die from conditions that could be easily treated if only they had a little extra cash. To paraphrase Black Uhura’s Puff She Puff, the Simplest Things can be “so serious in these times.” After hearing of fellow Twin Cities stalwart P.O.S.’ recent hospitalization due to kidney failure (Click here to peep the artist’s own vlog about his situation), Toki Wright decided to rally the hip-hop community to help his longtime friend and colleague receive the care he needs. This freshly-released promo single finds the Rhymesayers signee flipping a sample of the aforementioned reggae classic to back bars emphasizing the importance of social support—whether de jure or de facto—for those who fall on hard times. Feeling inspired to help out? You can chip in towards P.O.S.’ kidney transplant via PayPal at email@example.com.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.