The last time we heard from Rhymesayers/Soul Tools emcee Toki Wright he was issuing a Last Call to wack rappers, but today he back on our pages to remind an increasingly fantasy-focused rap game what it’s like to make music that’s really Real Live. Those finding it impossible not to nod their head once they press play can thank producer DJ Three a Day who combines a classic soul sample with some serious horn work to get the festivities started. From there it’s Twin Cities newcomer Yakub (perhaps best known for his production work on Ghostface’s Together Baby) who gets the party really cracking with a slow and deliberate flow that matches the beat’s pace perfectly. Bringing up the anchor leg is, fittingly, the headliner himself, who is equally comfortable dropping Basquait references as he is imbibing some Miller High Life. While Toki has yet to officially decide if Real Live will make it onto his upcoming and currently unscheduled album Channels (I’m sure your ratings and comments will be influential), the single is available on iTunes now and fans can expect some Real visuals to drop this Thursday, August 25.
Listen to More: Toki Wright
Written by Nathan S. on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.