For more than 400 years, Echinacea has been used to treat the common cold. Contemporary studies, however, suggest that the herb is nothing more than a placebo. Never one to jump to conclusions, Toki Wright weighs both sides of the issue on a new single, part of his next independent full-length. The perennial conflict between skepticism and trust in tradition is just one of many threads running through the Rhymesayers signee’s verses, which are overstuffed with intricate internal rhymes and thought-provoking digressions. Twin Cities beat crew Big Cats, who are about to head out on a Midwest tour, back the emcee’s ruminations with stop-start percussion, synth-bass blurts and fluttering flute/woodwind samples. Extended Pangaea Prelude has yet to receive a solid drop date from the label brass. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to Toki’s last Booth feature, Simplest Things (Uhuru Dubplate)?
Written by richard on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.