For more than 400 years, Echinacea has been used to treat the common cold. Contemporary studies, however, suggest that the herb is nothing more than a placebo. Never one to jump to conclusions, Toki Wright weighs both sides of the issue on a new single, part of his next independent full-length. The perennial conflict between skepticism and trust in tradition is just one of many threads running through the Rhymesayers signee’s verses, which are overstuffed with intricate internal rhymes and thought-provoking digressions. Twin Cities beat crew Big Cats, who are about to head out on a Midwest tour, back the emcee’s ruminations with stop-start percussion, synth-bass blurts and fluttering flute/woodwind samples. Extended Pangaea Prelude has yet to receive a solid drop date from the label brass. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to Toki’s last Booth feature, Simplest Things (Uhuru Dubplate)?
Written by richard on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)