The lead single off Toki Wright‘s forthcoming debut set with Big Cats found the Rhymesayers signee weighing the authority of medical science against the years of tradition supporting natural remedies like Echinacea. On the follow-up, Apex he tackles another topic that tends to divide mainstream scholars from laymen: the provenance of certain wonders of the world. Over his colleagues’ immersive live-band arrangement, Wright probes the alleged connections between the Pyramids of Egypt, Peru’s Machu Picchu, the Moai heads of Easter Island and several other ancient sites. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to Pangaea‘s September 23, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.