The lead single off Toki Wright‘s forthcoming debut set with Big Cats found the Rhymesayers signee weighing the authority of medical science against the years of tradition supporting natural remedies like Echinacea. On the follow-up, Apex he tackles another topic that tends to divide mainstream scholars from laymen: the provenance of certain wonders of the world. Over his colleagues’ immersive live-band arrangement, Wright probes the alleged connections between the Pyramids of Egypt, Peru’s Machu Picchu, the Moai heads of Easter Island and several other ancient sites. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to Pangaea‘s September 23, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.