The lead single off Toki Wright‘s forthcoming debut set with Big Cats found the Rhymesayers signee weighing the authority of medical science against the years of tradition supporting natural remedies like Echinacea. On the follow-up, Apex he tackles another topic that tends to divide mainstream scholars from laymen: the provenance of certain wonders of the world. Over his colleagues’ immersive live-band arrangement, Wright probes the alleged connections between the Pyramids of Egypt, Peru’s Machu Picchu, the Moai heads of Easter Island and several other ancient sites. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to Pangaea‘s September 23, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Feeling" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.