There is just something about an old school, early 90s R&B sample that sets the right mood. Just ask DJBooth newcomer Todd Zack Jr., who is on his Playersh*t thanks to the sampling work of Cali producer CMPLX. Incorporating a sample from R. Kelly‘s classic bedroom burner, Tempo Slow, the Las Vegas native reveals all that excites him about the female sex. Joining Zack Jr. is Chicago artist/songwriter/producer Ye Ali, the author behind Booth-featured January release Art x Drugs, who in a middle guest verse pays homage to Jay and JD with a shout out to Money Ain’t a Thang. Playsh*t will be found on the Sin City upstart’s forthcoming project, Organic, due out May 30.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.