There is just something about an old school, early 90s R&B sample that sets the right mood. Just ask DJBooth newcomer Todd Zack Jr., who is on his Playersh*t thanks to the sampling work of Cali producer CMPLX. Incorporating a sample from R. Kelly‘s classic bedroom burner, Tempo Slow, the Las Vegas native reveals all that excites him about the female sex. Joining Zack Jr. is Chicago artist/songwriter/producer Ye Ali, the author behind Booth-featured January release Art x Drugs, who in a middle guest verse pays homage to Jay and JD with a shout out to Money Ain’t a Thang. Playsh*t will be found on the Sin City upstart’s forthcoming project, Organic, due out May 30.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.