With its mixture of house, hip-hop, and techno, DJ/producer Jesse Tittsworth’s new record, WTF, is a throwback with a twist. As you listen to the track you might SMH, LOL, or think OMG, but unless you’re listening on a laptop in the club, we advise you to put all judgments on hold. Over the Washington D.C. native’s eclectic, danceable production, Chitown’s Kid Sister showcases her high-speed rhyme pattern, and New York indie artist Pase Rock, does his best “I’m from the 80s” flow. This tentative single, off of Tittsworth’s Twelve Steps album, may not be what most DJBooth members are accustomed to hearing, but the sole verse from the first lady of Fool’s Gold should turn some heads.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"After the Dance" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.