Way back when, before his Vitamin Water/acting days, 50 Cent scored his second U.S. Billboard chart-topper with the inquisitive 21 Questions. Now nine years later, Tito Lopez brings us a cut which finds him posing similar questions as Fiddy did on the aforementioned joint. Should the record get the spins it deserves, Lopez will be topping charts and sipping flavored water in no time. Would U Still Luv Me, the eighth installment of his Venting Sessions series, features a simple, yet effective Ricky Long instrumental paced by a soulful vocal sample. The beat does not have a ton of bells and whistles, but who needs those when you have bars like Lopez? The Capitol Records emcee rattles off line after line effortlessly. His crisp flow is only outdone by his allusive wordplay; showcasing the breadth of his pop-cultural expertise, the rapper manages to squeeze in a Michael Jordan reference alongside shout-outs to Tom Petty and garlic bread. If you’re craving more of the Mississippi native’s refreshing, crafty style, be sure to keep his forthcoming mixtape, which drops next month, on your radar.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.