Way back when, before his Vitamin Water/acting days, 50 Cent scored his second U.S. Billboard chart-topper with the inquisitive 21 Questions. Now nine years later, Tito Lopez brings us a cut which finds him posing similar questions as Fiddy did on the aforementioned joint. Should the record get the spins it deserves, Lopez will be topping charts and sipping flavored water in no time. Would U Still Luv Me, the eighth installment of his Venting Sessions series, features a simple, yet effective Ricky Long instrumental paced by a soulful vocal sample. The beat does not have a ton of bells and whistles, but who needs those when you have bars like Lopez? The Capitol Records emcee rattles off line after line effortlessly. His crisp flow is only outdone by his allusive wordplay; showcasing the breadth of his pop-cultural expertise, the rapper manages to squeeze in a Michael Jordan reference alongside shout-outs to Tom Petty and garlic bread. If you’re craving more of the Mississippi native’s refreshing, crafty style, be sure to keep his forthcoming mixtape, which drops next month, on your radar.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.