While Tito Lopez and Jon Connor are well-known and respected in the industry, the grind of a true artist never stops; no matter how high they climb, they’re still Tryna Get On. If the aforementioned emcees weren’t “on” before, there is no question that this collab is a giant step in the right direction. Producer Checkboy sets the stage, cooking up a smooth beat based around a sliced-and-diced sample for the two emcees to murder à la Jay-Z on B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix). (Good luck deciding who delivered the better verse.) Their rhyme styles match the instrumental’s smoothness, but their aggressive, pinpoint-accurate flows give this record a hungrier, edgy vibe. Fans will be able to find Tryna Get On and many more fresh cuts on Lopez’ Y.O.U. mixtape, scheduled for release in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Capitol Records recording artist Tito Lopez has released his new mixtape, Y.O.U. The Gulfport, Mississippi rhymesayer's first project since last June's The Hunger Game, the set boasts 15 tracks' worth of new material,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.