While Tito Lopez and Jon Connor are well-known and respected in the industry, the grind of a true artist never stops; no matter how high they climb, they’re still Tryna Get On. If the aforementioned emcees weren’t “on” before, there is no question that this collab is a giant step in the right direction. Producer Checkboy sets the stage, cooking up a smooth beat based around a sliced-and-diced sample for the two emcees to murder à la Jay-Z on B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix). (Good luck deciding who delivered the better verse.) Their rhyme styles match the instrumental’s smoothness, but their aggressive, pinpoint-accurate flows give this record a hungrier, edgy vibe. Fans will be able to find Tryna Get On and many more fresh cuts on Lopez’ Y.O.U. mixtape, scheduled for release in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.