While Tito Lopez and Jon Connor are well-known and respected in the industry, the grind of a true artist never stops; no matter how high they climb, they’re still Tryna Get On. If the aforementioned emcees weren’t “on” before, there is no question that this collab is a giant step in the right direction. Producer Checkboy sets the stage, cooking up a smooth beat based around a sliced-and-diced sample for the two emcees to murder à la Jay-Z on B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix). (Good luck deciding who delivered the better verse.) Their rhyme styles match the instrumental’s smoothness, but their aggressive, pinpoint-accurate flows give this record a hungrier, edgy vibe. Fans will be able to find Tryna Get On and many more fresh cuts on Lopez’ Y.O.U. mixtape, scheduled for release in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.