Fresh off a signing with Capitol Records you’d think that Tito Lopez wouldn’t have The Blues, but then again, the Mississippi repper got his record deal because of his willingness to speak on his life (his real life). Produced by famed Outkast collaborators, Organized Noize, Blues features exactly the kind of steel guitar meets hip-hop percussion beat you’d expect, giving Lopez a solid foundation to work off, and work he does. In line after line Tito lets listeners into his mind state, explaining that no matter how good things may look from the outside, inside his cranium there’s no shortage of stress. While Lopez is still waiting on an official title and release date for his Capitol Records debut album, if more people catch a case of The Blues we can expect the project to arrive sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/26/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)