Fresh off a signing with Capitol Records you’d think that Tito Lopez wouldn’t have The Blues, but then again, the Mississippi repper got his record deal because of his willingness to speak on his life (his real life). Produced by famed Outkast collaborators, Organized Noize, Blues features exactly the kind of steel guitar meets hip-hop percussion beat you’d expect, giving Lopez a solid foundation to work off, and work he does. In line after line Tito lets listeners into his mind state, explaining that no matter how good things may look from the outside, inside his cranium there’s no shortage of stress. While Lopez is still waiting on an official title and release date for his Capitol Records debut album, if more people catch a case of The Blues we can expect the project to arrive sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.