The majority of rappers like to put on a tough persona. Confidence, style, and the ability to intimidate and fill others with fear are the qualities some of the best emcees of all-time lean on. However, no matter how tough, gangsta or popular an emcee might become, they will almost always maintain the ability to create a track for mom and receive no criticism for it. Case in point, up-and-comer Tito Lopez, who offers his addition to the long line of mother tribute tracks with Mama Proud. Produced by Futuristics, the beat features some heavy drums with a nice open high hat hit and a piano riff guaranteed to move your head back and forth. With a sound that may not be radio friendly but showcases hip-hop’s deeper attitudes, Tito just wants his mother to be proud of him, and if she listened to the record she should be. With some dope word play including some laugh out loud moments (see his “Icy Hot while other rappers Bengay” line), Tito shows the kind of character that has me interested in his Lost Files of Tito Lopez: Reloaded mixtape, available now.
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Tito’s “Mama Proud” video.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/20/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)