They say that home is where the heart is, but Tito Lopez has a different definition in mind on his sixth Venting Session release “I think I’m startin’ to feel it. What they call it? Homesick / I’ve been gone too long, man—home is my own d**k.” Having introduced the record thus, the Mississippi rhymesayer proceeds to show off his flexibility by becoming his very own d**krider. Navie D.‘s swirling street boardwork, peppered with thematically-appropriate samples from an interview with Floyd Mayweather, set the stage for verses which find the artist flaunting his bank account, his mic skills, and his utter disregard for the rules of the hip-hop game. In addition to keeping it locked for further Venting Sessions, fans can support Lopez by copping his current single, The Blues, on iTunes, or catching him on Big K.R.I.T.‘s currently-running Live From the Underground tour.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.