They say that home is where the heart is, but Tito Lopez has a different definition in mind on his sixth Venting Session release “I think I’m startin’ to feel it. What they call it? Homesick / I’ve been gone too long, man—home is my own d**k.” Having introduced the record thus, the Mississippi rhymesayer proceeds to show off his flexibility by becoming his very own d**krider. Navie D.‘s swirling street boardwork, peppered with thematically-appropriate samples from an interview with Floyd Mayweather, set the stage for verses which find the artist flaunting his bank account, his mic skills, and his utter disregard for the rules of the hip-hop game. In addition to keeping it locked for further Venting Sessions, fans can support Lopez by copping his current single, The Blues, on iTunes, or catching him on Big K.R.I.T.‘s currently-running Live From the Underground tour.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.