They say that home is where the heart is, but Tito Lopez has a different definition in mind on his sixth Venting Session release “I think I’m startin’ to feel it. What they call it? Homesick / I’ve been gone too long, man—home is my own d**k.” Having introduced the record thus, the Mississippi rhymesayer proceeds to show off his flexibility by becoming his very own d**krider. Navie D.‘s swirling street boardwork, peppered with thematically-appropriate samples from an interview with Floyd Mayweather, set the stage for verses which find the artist flaunting his bank account, his mic skills, and his utter disregard for the rules of the hip-hop game. In addition to keeping it locked for further Venting Sessions, fans can support Lopez by copping his current single, The Blues, on iTunes, or catching him on Big K.R.I.T.‘s currently-running Live From the Underground tour.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.