The world can be a confusing, overwhelming place—especially for those who, like Tito Lopez, have a tendency to get lost in their own heads. On new single Back and Forth, the EMI signee seeks a reprieve from his racing thoughts by putting them down on wax. A hazy, slow-rolling Futuristiks production sets the mood as Lopez reflects on the continuing impact of racism, his fellow rappers’ shortcomings and the intricacies of being a millionaire in a broke emcee’s body. The official visuals, courtesy of an uncredited director, depict the Mississippi rhymesayer taking the edge off with the help of a fat blunt and a fifth of Ketel One. Feeling it? More fresh cuts await on the emcee’s Y.O.U. tape, released in late June and freely downloadable via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Conversation With Tito" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.