On their new song, (R)ADIO, TiRon & Ayomari make use of a famous monologue from the 1976 film, Network, which criticizes the masses’ unmindful consumption of television media, to draw a parallel to the repetitive consumption of today’s Top 40 radio hits. And they’re not blaming the labels or the stations. They’re making the public take responsibility, challenging them to think for themselves. Produced by D.K., the beat’s constant drone of “radio”, accompanied by the military-like drumming and enveloping keys, creates a hypnotic ambiance, bolstered by Ayomari’s reverberations of, “The zombie effect is alive and well/ Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.” The two mingle well in lyrical tone, as always: in this case it’s Ayomari’s rapid fire wordplay and TiRon’s contemplative smooth flow. TiRon and Ayomari’s keen commentary on brainless consumption, interleaved with classic social commentary, makes this both a timely and timeless track. Radio emerges from Tiron & Ayomari’s new free project HNGRY, presented by The Cafeteria Line and set for release this July, .
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wonder" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.