On their new song, (R)ADIO, TiRon & Ayomari make use of a famous monologue from the 1976 film, Network, which criticizes the masses’ unmindful consumption of television media, to draw a parallel to the repetitive consumption of today’s Top 40 radio hits. And they’re not blaming the labels or the stations. They’re making the public take responsibility, challenging them to think for themselves. Produced by D.K., the beat’s constant drone of “radio”, accompanied by the military-like drumming and enveloping keys, creates a hypnotic ambiance, bolstered by Ayomari’s reverberations of, “The zombie effect is alive and well/ Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.” The two mingle well in lyrical tone, as always: in this case it’s Ayomari’s rapid fire wordplay and TiRon’s contemplative smooth flow. TiRon and Ayomari’s keen commentary on brainless consumption, interleaved with classic social commentary, makes this both a timely and timeless track. Radio emerges from Tiron & Ayomari’s new free project HNGRY, presented by The Cafeteria Line and set for release this July, .
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 05/29/12
West Coast rhymesayers TiRon and Ayomari, together known as The Cafeteria, have come together to bring fans what's they've been craving on freshly-released street album HNGRY. The follow-up to 2011's A Sucker for Pumps LP,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wonder" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.