You know what they say, when in Rome do what the Romans do, and when in Sweden record an 8 track EP called En kärlekshistoria. What? That’s not what they say? Well they will once they hear TiRon and Ayomari’s new music. While on tour in Sweden the Los Angeles duo decided to record a road trip EP and the project’s first release is the Jerry Maguire-esque Du Gör Mig Bra (You Complete Me). Enigmatically named producer Jonesin’ (for Sum Comfort Food) opens with what I’m pretty sure is a Gil Scott-Heron sample that gives way to a jazzy, soulful and lush beat that sets a lazy Sunday afternoon pace for Ron and Mari’s rhymes. Speaking of which, Mig Bra finds the globe trotting duo speaking about (what else?) their love and lust for women; could the blond bombshell in the opening verse be a Swedish blond? Whatever the origins of TiRon and Ayomari’s particular inspiration for this one, hopefully En kärlekshistoria (aka A Swedish Love Story) will hold fans over until the release of their long-awaited Sucker for Pumps album, hopefully coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wonder" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.