Last we heard from TiRon & Ayomari, they’d hopped on a flight across the pond to mack on some fly Swedish honeys. Today, we find the West Coast representatives back in the States, doing… well, pretty much the same thing (minus the “Swedish” part). But why mess with a dope formula? On All My Love, the up-and-comers attempt to persuade an alluring shawty to leave her lackluster man behind. To succeed in such a delicate task, one needs all the help one can get, and DK proves a formidable ally behind the boards, layering mellow keyboard chords and pizzicato strings over a dusty breakbeat—he even tosses in a sample from Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s La Di Da Di for good measure. Lyrically, the emcees take a genial but direct approach, playing deftly on the woman’s evident discontent with her fella and advising her to: “Pack up his bags, put ‘em on the curb, leave him a little note.” Yummy Bingham plays the woman in question, pondering whether their game-spitting can be believed on a chorus that’s seductive in its own right. If TiRon and Ayomari have succeeded in winning you over with this suave selection, you can find more bangers on their A Sucker for Pumps LP, available for purchase now via BandCamp.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wonder" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.