Last we heard from TiRon & Ayomari, they’d hopped on a flight across the pond to mack on some fly Swedish honeys. Today, we find the West Coast representatives back in the States, doing… well, pretty much the same thing (minus the “Swedish” part). But why mess with a dope formula? On All My Love, the up-and-comers attempt to persuade an alluring shawty to leave her lackluster man behind. To succeed in such a delicate task, one needs all the help one can get, and DK proves a formidable ally behind the boards, layering mellow keyboard chords and pizzicato strings over a dusty breakbeat—he even tosses in a sample from Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s La Di Da Di for good measure. Lyrically, the emcees take a genial but direct approach, playing deftly on the woman’s evident discontent with her fella and advising her to: “Pack up his bags, put ‘em on the curb, leave him a little note.” Yummy Bingham plays the woman in question, pondering whether their game-spitting can be believed on a chorus that’s seductive in its own right. If TiRon and Ayomari have succeeded in winning you over with this suave selection, you can find more bangers on their A Sucker for Pumps LP, available for purchase now via BandCamp.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wonder" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)