Ohio native Tino wrote standout track Survivor months before the current crisis in Ferguson roiled the nation, which should show just how fundamental the daily struggle to simply survive is for Black males in America. Over an instrumental from DJ Charlie White, Tino lyrically examines every angle of the life and death struggle on the streets. For even more realer than real life music, be sure to check out Tino’s new album, Forget Me Not.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.