On Tino Coury‘s last single, the perennially heartbroken crooner lamented the ease with which a beautiful woman can break him down, comparing his emotional composure to a flimsy structure made of Lego bricks. Apparently, that brutal self-assessment was just the motivation he needed to turn over a new leaf. It’s a New Day, the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere finds the singer/songwriter greeting the sun with a fresh attitude: sure, everything sucks, but there’s nowhere to go from here but up. Mansur provides a quietly-determined synth backdrop for the artist’s cynical, yet ultimately hopeful appraisal of his situation. This Lil Eddie-cowritten jam can be found, along with past features Lego Hearts and Drink My Love Away, on Coury’s This One’s For LP. Watch for the project to drop this Thursday, November 15, right here in the DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.