Booth newcomer Tino has been living and breathing hip-hop since Ronald Regan was in office and Ferris Bueller was in theaters. Even Back in ‘86 he knew he was destined to become an emcee. As a childhood dream the thought is glamorous, but the reality of making music as your one and only profession is anything but. For Tino, however, there was never any other choice; this s**t is in his blood. How do I know? Well, for starters, his raspy, poignant flow drips with a passion and love for hip-hop. Atop a swooning, emotional beat from SMKA (taken from one of their free beat tapes) Tino uses said flow to wrestle with making his dreams come true against all odds and the heart he displays will have you rooting for him by songs end. If you want more from the Cleveland native, be sure to check out his Friendly Reminder EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)