Booth newcomer Tino has been living and breathing hip-hop since Ronald Regan was in office and Ferris Bueller was in theaters. Even Back in ‘86 he knew he was destined to become an emcee. As a childhood dream the thought is glamorous, but the reality of making music as your one and only profession is anything but. For Tino, however, there was never any other choice; this s**t is in his blood. How do I know? Well, for starters, his raspy, poignant flow drips with a passion and love for hip-hop. Atop a swooning, emotional beat from SMKA (taken from one of their free beat tapes) Tino uses said flow to wrestle with making his dreams come true against all odds and the heart he displays will have you rooting for him by songs end. If you want more from the Cleveland native, be sure to check out his Friendly Reminder EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.