As any insurance adjuster will tell you, setting a Trampoline up in your backyard is the very definition of a risky move. It’s appropriate, then, that Tinie Tempah‘s latest single, the first off his sophomore set, finds him going out on a limb stylistically. Diplo‘s adventurous beat incorporates elements of calypso, trap and dancehall as well as hip-hop, and the UK spitter takes a similarly eclectic approach on the mic, name-checking artistic provocateurs Spike Lee and Banksy in between showing off his Ferrari Spider and taking tea at Claridges. Def Jam phenom 2 Chainz lends his inimitable brand of swag to verse three. Tempah’s second album, Demonstration, as yet lacks a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his DJBooth-hosted Happy Birthday EP, released back in December of 2011?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tinie Tempah’s Dawn Shadforth-directed Trampoline visual.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.