As any insurance adjuster will tell you, setting a Trampoline up in your backyard is the very definition of a risky move. It’s appropriate, then, that Tinie Tempah‘s latest single, the first off his sophomore set, finds him going out on a limb stylistically. Diplo‘s adventurous beat incorporates elements of calypso, trap and dancehall as well as hip-hop, and the UK spitter takes a similarly eclectic approach on the mic, name-checking artistic provocateurs Spike Lee and Banksy in between showing off his Ferrari Spider and taking tea at Claridges. Def Jam phenom 2 Chainz lends his inimitable brand of swag to verse three. Tempah’s second album, Demonstration, as yet lacks a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his DJBooth-hosted Happy Birthday EP, released back in December of 2011?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tinie Tempah’s Dawn Shadforth-directed Trampoline visual.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.