As any insurance adjuster will tell you, setting a Trampoline up in your backyard is the very definition of a risky move. It’s appropriate, then, that Tinie Tempah‘s latest single, the first off his sophomore set, finds him going out on a limb stylistically. Diplo‘s adventurous beat incorporates elements of calypso, trap and dancehall as well as hip-hop, and the UK spitter takes a similarly eclectic approach on the mic, name-checking artistic provocateurs Spike Lee and Banksy in between showing off his Ferrari Spider and taking tea at Claridges. Def Jam phenom 2 Chainz lends his inimitable brand of swag to verse three. Tempah’s second album, Demonstration, as yet lacks a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his DJBooth-hosted Happy Birthday EP, released back in December of 2011?
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tinie Tempah’s Dawn Shadforth-directed Trampoline visual.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.