While rock and R&B import artists from England to the U.S. on a seemingly daily basis, so far U.K. hip-hop artists have found crossing the proverbial pond a tricky proposition (word to Dizzee Rascal). Hoping to be the first rap Pilgrim (get it?) is Tinie Tempah, who first landed on DJBooth’s shores with the highly-rated Pass Out and is now looking to set up shop in the States permanently with new single ‘Till I’m Gone. Considering the circumstances, who better to craft a universally appealing, rap-tinged pop beat than Norway-to-America transplant producers Stargate, otherwise known as the men behind Black & Yellow. Speaking of which, Wiz lends his always relaxed vocal appeal to a verse and a hook, contributions that almost threaten to outweigh Tinie’s punchline heavy verses (when’s the last time you heard a cricket reference?) but ultimately don’t – or at least that’s my two cents. So how about it Booth, does Tinie have what it takes to make it in America? Those answering with an emphatic yes will want to cop the re-release of his Disc-Overy album, complete with new songs and dropping May 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.