Back in May, Tinie Tempah ended his much-buzzed-about current single with the prophetic line: “I’ll be doing this Till I’m Gone... but I won’t be gone for too long.” True to his word, the UK representative is “back like [he] never left” today—with a new version of the aforementioned record in tow. The single’s official remix features new bars from the headliner (Who hilariously spits, “I’m well-connected like a n*gga with a modem.”), as well as two fresh guest guest features; Clipse member-turned solo-heavyweight Pusha T brings some high-rolling street ambiance to the second verse (“Wrist looking like a treasure chest / Helipads and hella jets–we fly.”) and Dipset repper Jim Jones brings the cut home on a hedonistic note: “Crack another bottle, roll another blunt / Mami looking good, see that ass from the front.” Complete with Wiz Khalifa‘s tried-and-true hook vocals, this revamp doesn’t skimp on the guest muscle, but does more equate to better in this case? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, schedule a trip to your local record store to pick up a copy of Tempah’s Booth-approved stateside debut, Disc-Overy.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.