Back in May, Tinie Tempah ended his much-buzzed-about current single with the prophetic line: “I’ll be doing this Till I’m Gone... but I won’t be gone for too long.” True to his word, the UK representative is “back like [he] never left” today—with a new version of the aforementioned record in tow. The single’s official remix features new bars from the headliner (Who hilariously spits, “I’m well-connected like a n*gga with a modem.”), as well as two fresh guest guest features; Clipse member-turned solo-heavyweight Pusha T brings some high-rolling street ambiance to the second verse (“Wrist looking like a treasure chest / Helipads and hella jets–we fly.”) and Dipset repper Jim Jones brings the cut home on a hedonistic note: “Crack another bottle, roll another blunt / Mami looking good, see that ass from the front.” Complete with Wiz Khalifa‘s tried-and-true hook vocals, this revamp doesn’t skimp on the guest muscle, but does more equate to better in this case? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, schedule a trip to your local record store to pick up a copy of Tempah’s Booth-approved stateside debut, Disc-Overy.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)