Back in May, Tinie Tempah ended his much-buzzed-about current single with the prophetic line: “I’ll be doing this Till I’m Gone... but I won’t be gone for too long.” True to his word, the UK representative is “back like [he] never left” today—with a new version of the aforementioned record in tow. The single’s official remix features new bars from the headliner (Who hilariously spits, “I’m well-connected like a n*gga with a modem.”), as well as two fresh guest guest features; Clipse member-turned solo-heavyweight Pusha T brings some high-rolling street ambiance to the second verse (“Wrist looking like a treasure chest / Helipads and hella jets–we fly.”) and Dipset repper Jim Jones brings the cut home on a hedonistic note: “Crack another bottle, roll another blunt / Mami looking good, see that ass from the front.” Complete with Wiz Khalifa‘s tried-and-true hook vocals, this revamp doesn’t skimp on the guest muscle, but does more equate to better in this case? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, schedule a trip to your local record store to pick up a copy of Tempah’s Booth-approved stateside debut, Disc-Overy.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.