Back in May, Tinie Tempah ended his much-buzzed-about current single with the prophetic line: “I’ll be doing this Till I’m Gone... but I won’t be gone for too long.” True to his word, the UK representative is “back like [he] never left” today—with a new version of the aforementioned record in tow. The single’s official remix features new bars from the headliner (Who hilariously spits, “I’m well-connected like a n*gga with a modem.”), as well as two fresh guest guest features; Clipse member-turned solo-heavyweight Pusha T brings some high-rolling street ambiance to the second verse (“Wrist looking like a treasure chest / Helipads and hella jets–we fly.”) and Dipset repper Jim Jones brings the cut home on a hedonistic note: “Crack another bottle, roll another blunt / Mami looking good, see that ass from the front.” Complete with Wiz Khalifa‘s tried-and-true hook vocals, this revamp doesn’t skimp on the guest muscle, but does more equate to better in this case? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, schedule a trip to your local record store to pick up a copy of Tempah’s Booth-approved stateside debut, Disc-Overy.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.