While rock and R&B import artists from England to the U.S. on a seemingly daily basis, so far U.K. hip-hop artists have found crossing the proverbial pond a tricky proposition (word to Dizzee Rascal). Hoping to be the first rap Pilgrim (get it?) is Tinie Tempah, who first landed on DJBooth’s shores with the highly-rated Pass Out and is now looking to set up shop in the States permanently with new single ‘Till I’m Gone. Considering the circumstances, who better to craft a universally appealing, rap-tinged pop beat than Norway-to-America transplant producers Stargate, otherwise known as the men behind Black & Yellow. Speaking of which, Wiz lends his always relaxed vocal appeal to a verse and a hook, contributions that almost threaten to outweigh Tinie’s punchline heavy verses (when’s the last time you heard a cricket reference?) but ultimately don’t – or at least that’s my two cents. So how about it Booth, does Tinie have what it takes to make it in America? Those answering with an emphatic yes will want to cop the re-release of his Disc-Overy album, complete with new songs and dropping May 17.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.