Released back in July as the lead single off Tinie Tempah‘s sophomore set, Trampoline failed to dazzle DJBooth readers despite boasting a 2 Chainz guest verse and an adventurous, club-ready beat by superproducer Diplo. Clearly, the London native’s been paying close attention to your feedback, as he’s adopted a very different strategy on follow-up Children of the Sun. Rather than luring us onto the dancefloor, Tinie engages with us on a more intimate level, lacing iSHi‘s anthemic synth beat with earnest reflections on his professional and spiritual journeys: “In a lifetime of regret, I’m just looking for some answers.” In addition to contemplating his own path, the artist draws attention to the ties that bind all of humanity together—a theme which takes center stage in Jon Jon Augustavo‘s official video. Complete with a sweeping hook by Swedish singer/songwriter John Martin, this uplifting cut is just one of many bangers to be found on Tinie Tempah’s Demonstration LP, due out before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Out" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)