In early April, Drake linked up with OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR and frequent behind-the-boards collaborator 40 to bring us Days in the East, a smooth promo cut detailing Mr. Graham’s mixed feelings about a certain woman. Today, Tinashe takes the record in a completely different direction. Literally—the Los Angeles pop singer’s rendition (making its world premiere in the Booth) is titled Days in the West. While the original’s moody beat gets refreshed by producer A.Mo, the RCA Records recording artist plays fast and loose with the lyrical theme, transforming Days into a defiant chronicle of her musical hustle. While she has yet to announce any forthcoming projects, Tinashe is still busy promoting her last single, January’s ScHoolboy Q-assisted 2 On.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Artificial People" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.