In early April, Drake linked up with OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR and frequent behind-the-boards collaborator 40 to bring us Days in the East, a smooth promo cut detailing Mr. Graham’s mixed feelings about a certain woman. Today, Tinashe takes the record in a completely different direction. Literally—the Los Angeles pop singer’s rendition (making its world premiere in the Booth) is titled Days in the West. While the original’s moody beat gets refreshed by producer A.Mo, the RCA Records recording artist plays fast and loose with the lyrical theme, transforming Days into a defiant chronicle of her musical hustle. While she has yet to announce any forthcoming projects, Tinashe is still busy promoting her last single, January’s ScHoolboy Q-assisted 2 On.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Artificial People" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.