In early April, Drake linked up with OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR and frequent behind-the-boards collaborator 40 to bring us Days in the East, a smooth promo cut detailing Mr. Graham’s mixed feelings about a certain woman. Today, Tinashe takes the record in a completely different direction. Literally—the Los Angeles pop singer’s rendition (making its world premiere in the Booth) is titled Days in the West. While the original’s moody beat gets refreshed by producer A.Mo, the RCA Records recording artist plays fast and loose with the lyrical theme, transforming Days into a defiant chronicle of her musical hustle. While she has yet to announce any forthcoming projects, Tinashe is still busy promoting her last single, January’s ScHoolboy Q-assisted 2 On.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Artificial People" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.