In early April, Drake linked up with OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR and frequent behind-the-boards collaborator 40 to bring us Days in the East, a smooth promo cut detailing Mr. Graham’s mixed feelings about a certain woman. Today, Tinashe takes the record in a completely different direction. Literally—the Los Angeles pop singer’s rendition (making its world premiere in the Booth) is titled Days in the West. While the original’s moody beat gets refreshed by producer A.Mo, the RCA Records recording artist plays fast and loose with the lyrical theme, transforming Days into a defiant chronicle of her musical hustle. While she has yet to announce any forthcoming projects, Tinashe is still busy promoting her last single, January’s ScHoolboy Q-assisted 2 On.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Artificial People" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.