In early April, Drake linked up with OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR and frequent behind-the-boards collaborator 40 to bring us Days in the East, a smooth promo cut detailing Mr. Graham’s mixed feelings about a certain woman. Today, Tinashe takes the record in a completely different direction. Literally—the Los Angeles pop singer’s rendition (making its world premiere in the Booth) is titled Days in the West. While the original’s moody beat gets refreshed by producer A.Mo, the RCA Records recording artist plays fast and loose with the lyrical theme, transforming Days into a defiant chronicle of her musical hustle. While she has yet to announce any forthcoming projects, Tinashe is still busy promoting her last single, January’s ScHoolboy Q-assisted 2 On.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Artificial People" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.